“Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life, is the foundation for all abundance.”
Hello Motivation Seekers, how’s your week been? Hoping it was ok and if it wasn’t that you managed it anyway. As I so often say, it’s not what happens to you that matters, it’s how you react to what happens that matters.
Our Motivator this week is about abundance. I know, I’ve written about that before, but I don’t think I could ever write about it enough. I need to be abundant in my writing about abundance!
I found this brilliant quote from Eckhart Tolle and that pretty much sums up how you go about leading an abundant life. You start by acknowledging what you already have, so rather than thinking of all the stuff that you are missing in your life, being in “scarcity” mode, you think about everything you have and be grateful for that. I promise you, it will not only change your thinking to “abundancy” mode, it will change your life and open up many new doors that may have been closed to you for a long time.
What got me thinking about this was that in my conversations with small business owners, there is a lot of scarcity thinking going on at present. Things like, the economy is going down the gurgler, it’s too hard to make money, it’s impossible to keep up with everything, there is never enough time to get things done, there are too many demands, staff are hard to get etc etc. These are all real, or are they? They are real in our minds, but that is where the thought/belief starts which leads to the actions we take which leads to the results we get. If we can start thinking abundantly, we will take abundant actions which then follows that we will get abundant results. No, the economy won’t change but we will change how we feel about it and be focused on taking action on the things we can control, rather than worrying and being negative about the outside influences that are beyond us.
Here are some tips to get into “abundancy” mode
- Gratitude – as Eckhart Tolle says, acknowledge the good you already have in your life. Get into the habit of practising gratitude daily. This is an incredibly simple, yet powerful thing to do. Just 3 things a day and share them with others, which expands the gratitude and abundance even more
- Hang around with the right people – Mix with others with abundant attitudes, the more you are around abundant people, the more abundancy grows in you. Plus, you help it grow in them.
- Affirmations to create abundance – When we think abundance, we usually think of it in financial terms, but it can relate to love, relationships, freedom, balance, trust, truth, happiness….everything in life. Create some affirmations in the areas where you see scarcity and let your mind start believing abundance instead. It’s called manifesting and it works!
- Create a vision board – Visualise how your life could be in those areas of scarcity if you were to live abundantly. Create a vision board of how that would look and look at it frequently.
- Practise daily visualisation/meditation of your new abundant life.
Hope that makes a difference for you this week. Please get in touch if you want to know more about this or if you want help with getting your abundant thinking going. Have a brilliant week.