“When you realise there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.”
Following on from that, I thought abundant thinking would be a good, next step. As I have mentioned so many times before, our thoughts become our reality. If we think there is not enough for everyone, especially if there is not enough for ourselves, that’s what we attract into our lives. The way to change that is to change the thoughts. I have 5 tips to help you get into thinking abundantly.
- Acknowledge the good in your life. That might seem too obvious, but it is important that we do this. Take time to notice if you aren’t doing it. We tend to focus on all the stuff that’s wrong and we find ourselves moaning and complaining about that. Pretty defeating way to think, and even worse when you realise that this is what you will be attracting to you. So start today and think about the good things. Start small if you need to. Maybe something simple, like the sun is shining – or if it’s raining, the rain is replenishing and revitalizing your garden. Great thoughts will attract great things.
- Practise gratitude. This follows on from the first tip. Once you start acknowledging the good, be thankful and grateful for it. Practise this each day – just 3 things at the end of the day that you are grateful for. Share this with others, get your family involved, have a mutual gratitude session. Even if you have had a bad day, it helps to think of things to be grateful for. This is such an important way to change your thinking, you will be amazed at how much more positive and abundant you will start feeling.
- Be Kind to Others. As humans we are hard wired to help others. We feel good about ourselves when we do this, it gives us purpose and meaning and it expands our lives. It doesn’t have to be a major thing, sometimes it is may be just a kind word to someone at the right time. We don’t know the influence we can have in others’ lives, you may make their day or save them from despair. It’s worth reaching out and being kind.
- Give up judging yourself. This is a big one for a lot of us. I know, I really struggle with this. I often find myself setting impossible targets and then failing, but seeing someone else who has achieved what I wanted. The result being that I feel even worse about myself, more of a failure and spiral down into scarcity thinking. What is the point of that? It’s a crazy way to act. I think it is even more prevalent now with all the seemingly perfect lives presented on social media. Don’t buy into it! Nothing is ever as it seems, all we can do is do our best, give ourselves some slack and give up the need to be perfect.
- Be Kind to Yourself. This is the best! The very best thing you will ever do, is treat yourself as you would your best friend. Be nurturing, encouraging, understanding and loving. Let yourself be abundant in all of that, and great things will come your way.
Have a fantastic week everyone. Hope this motivator helps you and makes a difference. Get in touch if you want to ask anything about this or even if you would like me to cover something you are struggling with. This is your opportunity to have a motivator written just for you! Click here to email me.